Customer Portfolios, a marketing technology leader that uses actionable insights and analytics to increase customer engagement and value, shares its Customer Experience Audit: Women’s Retail, a 120-page, detailed view of customer experience delivered by 10 top women’s brands at 10 different customer touchpoints.
Each brand reviewed is featured in a Touchpoint Summary and graphic with Customer Experience Audit Score, as well as detailed strengths and opportunities-to-improve on individual touchpoint aspects.
Customer Portfolios conducted the five-week customer experience audit to interact with these retail brands and evaluate customer experience quality by quantitatively measuring:
- Web Site: Email Sign-Up, Web Personalization, Digital Ads
- Email: Email Volume, Email Campaigns
- Off-Site: Retargeting/Abandoned Cart, Purchase Process, Returning Purchase to Store
- Touchpoint Tactics: Account Sign-up, Consistent Messaging, Loyalty, Other Touchpoints
“A good experience from a business perspective is very different than a good experience from a customer perspective,” said Nick Godfrey, co-founder and EVP Strategy of Customer Portfolios. “For instance, we found that all brands scored their highest in consistent messaging across platforms, but brands averaged only 2 out of a possible 5 in Personalization. Weaknesses became apparent quickly — as did possible solutions.”
Other key findings included:
- Web personalization was a weak point for all brands, with either very little or no discernable personalization on the websites.
- Cross-channel shopping was easy, but ‘knowing’ the customer didn’t keep pace.
- Omnichannel was lacking as only one brand offered a mobile application and used DM to engage the customer.
- Email effectiveness was undermined as most of the brands sent too few or too many emails in a 30-day period.
See the complete report for detailed results, scores, rankings and summary observations, download Customer Experience Audit: Women’s Retail here.
About Customer Portfolios
Customer Portfolios is a marketing technology leader that empowers its global clients to maximize the value of each customer. The company leverages advanced analytics, strategy, marketing automation and execution to uncover actionable insights and execute targeted and measurable lifecycle marketing campaigns. Customer Portfolios’ team of analytical and marketing experts help companies like Johnston and Murphy, Journeys, Lenox, Irving Oil, Spartan Race, Frye, and many more consistently drive revenue growth and increase customer lifetime value. Visit www.customerportfolios.com, read our blog and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Jim McNulty, 508-481-2024