Customer Portfolios, a marketing technology leader that uses insights and analytics to increase the value of a customer, announces the results of its 2017 Back-to-School Survey — a revealing look at retail’s second biggest shopping season.
“Our Back-to-School Survey captured real-life customer purchase trends within various shopping channels,” said Denise DeSisto, VP, marketing automation and product innovation at Customer Portfolios. “The results have proven that marketers must create a seamless, omni-channel buying experience to successfully compete in the marketplace.”
Whether responding to digital ads, emails, websites, or in-store, customers may purchase differently from one transaction to the next. Marketers need to offer an “unbroken” experience that tracks and responds to customers across these channels. Having proper data collection to develop action from these insights will allow the customer experience to be seamless, and the brand’s efforts to always be customer-focused.
Some Survey Highlights:
- 64% plan to shop and research products online – yet only 51% plan to purchase online.
- 32% plan to increase their online spending.
- Most shoppers are inclined to purchase from retailers that have discounts (96%), free shipping (79%), coupons (74%), and buy-one-get-one deals (58%).
- 71% of respondents want to hear about back-to-school discounts through email.
- 40% want to hear about discounts from a digital advertisement.
- 35% want to hear about discounts through an in-store display, 32% through direct mail, and 19% through text message.
The Customer Portfolios 2017 Back-to-School Survey was distributed to more than 5,000 consumers, with 35% having children in K-5 and 24% of respondents with children in college. Over 75% of the respondents were female.
About Customer Portfolios
Customer Portfolios is a marketing technology leader that empowers its global clients to maximize the value of each customer. The company leverages advanced analytics, strategy, marketing automation and execution to uncover actionable insights and execute targeted and measurable Lifecycle Marketing campaigns. The Customer Portfolios team of analytical and marketing experts help companies like Johnston and Murphy, Vera Bradley, Journeys, Harbor One, Subway, Teleflora, Frye, Tourneau, and many more consistently drive revenue growth and increase customer lifetime value. Visit www.customerportfolios.com, read our blog and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
for Customer Portfolios
Jim McNulty, 508-481-2024